1.2 For the purpose of the EU2016 General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”), ICLEI- Local Governments for Sustainability e.V. (ICLEI World Secretariat), based in Kaiser- Friedrich- Straße 7,53113 Bonn, Germany, (thereafter ICLEI e.V), acts as data controller.
1.3 ICLEI does not have any responsibility on how other platforms and websites outside of the RC 2018 website collect, use and share users’ personal information, even if those platforms / websites have a link on or from the RC 2018 website. It is the responsibility of the users to check in each specific case if other websites provide a safe environment for their personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
2.1 The RC 2018 website collects internet Cookies from all its users. The purpose of Cookies is to improve your online experience on our website by informing the webserver that you have returned to a specific page, which allows it to load the page faster with your personal features and to save time. Cookies are text files created from the moment you download the webpage and are stored on your computer by a webpage server. They are uniquely assigned to you and can exclusively be read by the webserver in the same domain which issued the Cookie. They cannot be used to run programs or viruses.
2.2 Examples of Cookies are the google analytics tools, used for the RC2018 website to collect information about your computer that is automatically provided to its server. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by ICLEI for the operation of the RC 2018 website, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the RC 2018 website.
2.3 You have the ability to accept or decline Cookies. If you choose to decline Cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive feature of the RC 2018 website.
3. Collected data collected from registered users
3.1 The RC 2018 website may collect, through the participants and the contributor registration process as well as through the registration to the newsletter, the following personal information:
- Surname and first name
- E-mail address
- Postal address
- Phone/Mobile number
- Job title
3.2 An identification number is assigned to all register users. This user id can help ICLEI track any changes requested by the user when submitting data on the RC 2018 website.
3.3 You may communicate with the RC 2018 team by e-mail (email@example.com). In this case, your personal information will be collected to enable ICLEI to deliver the services you have requested.
4. Use of personal data
4.1 Personal data are used exclusively for the legitimate purpose of the good functioning of the RC 2018 website and of the RC 2018 Congress. ICLEI.e.V. may use your personal data for the following:
- Personal data resulting from cookies:
- To adapt the presentation of the content of the RC 2018 website for your use aligned to the technical specifications of your computer;
- To get to know how ICLEI e.V. can improve services based on how you use them.
- Personal data provided by the registration form:
- To contact you for communications related with the service provided by the Resilient Cities series;
- to provide you with specific information, support or other requested services;
- to communicate with you about a meeting, conference or event related to Resilient Cities;
- to assist in your participation in Resilient Cities events;
- to get feedback or input from you;
- to conduct surveys about your opinion of Resilient Cities events;
- for any other interactions that you may have with Resilient Cities.
4.2 Third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide IT services to the RC 2018 website (e.g. website coding). They are required by ICLEI e.V. to maintain confidentiality of your information.
4.3 ICLEI e.V. will never use your personal data for any commercial use.
4.4 ICLEI e.V. will not place your personal data on any mailing list that you do not opt-in to.
5. Disclosure of personal data
The RC 2018 does not use or disclose your personal data without your explicit consent, except in the following situations:
- In cases where disclosure is required by law,
- In good faith, when disclosure is made necessary to protect the RC 2018’s right of property, and/or the personal safety of its users or the public.
6. Data Storage
6.1 Personal Data are stored in the servers of ICLEI e.V., based in Germany, and are therefore subject to the German Federal Law on Personal Data (“Bundesdatenschutzgesetz”), as currently amended, and to the 2016 EU General Data Protection Regulation.
6.2 ICLEI e.V. will hold your personal data on its servers for as long as needed to achieve the legitimate purposes of why those data were collected for the Resilient Cities series. The appropriate duration of retention of personal data is determined by this, as well as, by their nature and sensitivity, also considering an assessment of the risk of unauthorized use or disclosure of those personal data. ICLEI e.V. will automatically delete all data which is no longer considered relevant for the Resilient Cities series purposes.
6.3 ICLEI e.V. is committed to the security of your data and consequently takes all appropriate measures to prevent the loss of your data or access without authorization. Access to personal data is strictly restricted to a limited number of ICLEI staff which are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
6.4 In the unlikely event of a data security breach, ICLEI e.V. will promptly notify you and take all the necessary measures to protect your data.
7. Rights on your personal data
The 2016 EU General Data Protection Regulation provides you with the following rights over your personal data:
- Access your personal data
- Require the correction of any mistakes in your personal data
- Request the data controller to delete all your personal data from our severs (right to be forgotten)
- Demand the transfer of all your personal data to a third party (data portability)
- Forbid use of your personal data for direct marketing
- Restrict the use of your personal data to certain conditions
- Claim compensation for damages resulting from a violation of any applicable personal data protection laws.
All questions or requests regarding the RC 2018 personal data policy can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.